Gianna E. Cricco-Lizza is an associate in Venable’s Intellectual Property Litigation Group in New York. Her practice focuses on patent and trademark litigation in the federal courts and monitoring intellectual property enforcement efforts for clients in the telecommunications, luxury goods, and consumer products industries.
As a litigator, Gianna has experience in all phases of patent litigation including pre-suit diligence, drafting of pleadings, motion practice, discovery, claim construction, trial, and appeal.
Prior to joining Venable, Gianna was an associate at a mid-sized North Atlantic law firm, where she practiced complex civil litigation in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels throughout New Jersey and New York.
Her representation covered a variety of areas, including commercial litigation, intellectual property disputes and licensing, pharmaceutical compliance, and First Amendment and media issues.
Gianna was a judicial law clerk to United States District Judge Mary L. Cooper in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. While pursuing her law degree, she served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Cathy L. Waldor of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- As fourth-chair trial counsel, won jury trial verdict including willful infringement and post-trial motions awarding enhanced damages and upholding the findings of infringement, patent validity, and willfulness for NobelBiz in its patent infringement lawsuit in the Eastern District of Texas against Global Connect, LLC and TCN, Inc. relating to NobelBiz’s LocalTouch® technology.
- Serving as litigation counsel for a U.S. consumer products company in anti-counterfeiting matter, including obtaining ex parte seizure order in district court to obtain and successfully execute seizure order on the infringer’s facilities.
- Serving as litigation counsel for a software company in licensing dispute.
- Serving as litigation counsel for streaming media companies in patent litigation.
- J.D. magna cum laude Seton Hall University School of Law 2012
- B.A. Columbia University 2008
Bar Admissions : New Jersey, New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Clerk Experience : Honorable Mary L. Cooper U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Rate : $$$