Gideon Reitblat focuses his practice on advising and representing insurance carriers on coverage matters. Gideon has defended carriers in declaratory judgment actions involving various lines of coverage: CGL, auto, homeowners, EPLI, E&O, property, aviation, commercial excess, and life/accident.
Gideon also routinely assists clients in complying with good faith claims handling duties, Florida Claims Administration Statute and Adjuster Code of Ethics. The claim handling aspect of Gideon’s practice includes advising carriers on how to handle proactive tenders, time-limit demands, multiple claimant/insured scenarios, and claims where coverage is uncertain.
Gideon’s litigation experience spans a variety of issues, including choice of law, scope of the duty to defend, primary versus excess disputes, SIRs and deductibles, additional insured status and indemnities, coverage for defective product/construction claims, trigger and allocation of damages, and number of occurrences. Gideon has also handled first-party coverage disputes involving various exclusions, election to repair, and scope of damage disputes.
- LL.M., University of Connecticut School of Law, Insurance Law, 2006
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2005, Annual Review of Banking and Financial Law, Note and Comment Editor, 2004-2005
- B.A., Brandeis University, Economics and Computer Science, 2000
Bar Admissions : Connecticut; Florida; New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- National Center for Refugee & Immigrant Children
- Put Something Back Pro Bono Project, German Ghetto Work Payment Program Clinic
- Russian American Bar Association of South Florida, Founding Member
- The Friendship Circle of Miami Beach and North Dade
Rate : $$$