Gilbert Brooks practices in the areas of litigation, gaming law, criminal law, regulatory law and employment law. Mr. Brooks is a 1985 graduate of Widener Law School, Delaware and a graduate of Swarthmore College.
- Represented Penthouse International, Ltd. in a matter entitled Boardwalk Properties, Inc. v. BPHC Acquisition, Inc. before the Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic County, Chancery Division and in connection with appeals up through and to the New Jersey Supreme Court, with a reported decision related to the matters litigated in the case found at 253 N.J. Super. 515 (App. Div. 1991).
- Represented Prepaid Network Inc. in obtaining an approval from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement for the launch of a product known as WYRZ, a virtual Visa card used for funding iGaming accounts.
- Represented NYX Gaming Group Ltd., a digital gaming software company, as part of the legal team in connection with its $631 million sale to Scientific Games Corporation, a global leader in technology-based gaming systems.
- Represented NYX Gaming Group Limited in a $105 million financing, with the net proceeds from the offering, as well as a concurrent U.S. Private Placement, being used to fund a previously announced acquisition of all the shares of Amaya (Alberta) (f/k/a Chartwell Technology) and Cryptologic Limited.
- Represented secured lender, as the debtor-in-possession lender, in obtaining Bankruptcy Court approval and funding of a property tax settlement agreement by the Revel Casino Hotel with the City of Atlantic City, which resulted in a tax payment of $26 million to the City, but a savings to Revel, and ultimately the client as the first lien holder, of over $7 million.
- Represented NYX Gaming Group in its acquisition of OnGame Network Limited and OnGame Services AB from Amaya Gaming Group. The acquisition provides NYX Gaming Group with a poker platform and gives them an amplified presence in the New Jersey Internet gaming market.
- Represented NYX Gaming Group in its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange, including handling all gaming regulatory due diligence and authoring both a gaming regulatory opinion letter and a corporate opinion letter.
Admissions : New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Rate : $$$