Giles Schanen leads the employment practice in the Firm’s Greenville, South Carolina office. His practice includes counseling management on various employment law issues and litigating trade secret, non-compete, discrimination, and benefits claims under state and federal law. Giles also represents a broad array of clients in the areas of commercial litigation and products liability.
Education : University of Georgia School of Law, JD, cum laude (2002)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Has defended companies in state and federal courts across the United States, including in South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Arizona, Missouri, New Mexico, California, Delaware, and Illinois.
- Has advised and defended management in a wide variety of employment matters, including discrimination and retaliation under federal and state equal employment opportunity laws, workplace harassment, non-compete and trade secret violations, wage and hour issues, employee benefits, contract disputes, corporate investigations, and risk management.
- Has coordinated discovery and technical issues on a national basis for a leading product manufacturer in the automotive industry.
- Has taught and published in the areas of employment law, trade secrets, electronic discovery, and litigation awareness.
- American Bar Association
- DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Federal Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- Secretary, Board of Directors, American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders
- Former Chair, Staff Parish Relations Committee and Former Chair, Finance Committee, Covenant United Methodist Church
- Former member, Membership, Golf, and Board of Governors Nomination Committees, Thornblade Club
Rate : $$$