Gillian Kassner is New York-based litigator with experience in all stages of commercial and other complex litigation. Drawing on a technical background and experience in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Ms. Kassner plays active roles in the representation of clients in the financial services, consumer product, media/entertainment, and electronics industries as they tackle their most challenging litigation issues.
She has handled all aspects of discovery, witness preparation, trial readiness, and legal briefing. Ms. Kassner has played a leading role in a multi-week trial, including the cross-examination of a major witness, and has represented clients in five trials since 2016.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2014
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2011
Judicial Clerkship : Hon. Charles F. Lettow, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2014 – 2015
Bar Admissions :
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Representative Matters :
- Defense of a former executive and officer of a large consulting firm in an employment arbitration trial involving breach of contract and fiduciary duty claims in New York.
- Defense of General Electric in patent infringement jury trial in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania involving conservation voltage reduction technology.
- Representation of Samsung Electronics in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts against allegations of infringement on LED technologies.
- Representation of major financial institutions in government-led investigations related to fraud and corruption.
- Representation of major consumer product retailer in trade secret litigation in the Southern District of New York.
Pro Bono :
- Representation of an individual in a § 1983 action against the City of New York.
- Representation of transgender woman in Title VII action against her employer.
Rate : $$$$