Gillian Murphy focuses her practice on employment advice and counsel. She helps employers of all sizes successfully navigate every aspect of the employment relationship, including compliance with leave and disability law, discrimination investigations, updating personnel policies, and drafting executive compensation agreements.
As a member of DWT’s Pay Equity Task Force, Gillian guides employers through compensation analyses and performs job classification audits to ensure compliance with state and federal law. Gillian frequently assists DWT’s mergers and acquisitions team with due diligence and other employment issues that may arise in connection with asset and stock purchases.
She regularly conducts management training programs on a range of employment topics and is known for her energetic presentation style. While Gillian serves employers across all industries, she has particular expertise in the restaurant and hotel space.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Pro-bono representation for Washington’s Court Appointed Special Advocate Program assisting foster children
- Pro-bono representation of individuals seeking asylum through immigrant rights organization
- Board Member, Seattle Works, 2010-2014
- Board Member, Seattle Repertory Theater, CREW, 2007-2010
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law, 2005, summa cum laude
- Thomas More Scholar
- B.A., Human Services, Western Washington University, 2002
Rate : $$$