Ginny Childs is the Orlando Office Managing Partner. She is a commercial litigator with significant experience in business torts, complex commercial foreclosures, non-compete agreements, creditors’ rights, and real estate and lender liability.
Clients turn to Ginny for help with their most difficult legal issues, including guiding clients through litigation resulting from failed mergers and acquisitions to tortious interference, breaches of fiduciary duty, and theft of trade secrets.
Clients (including banks, lenders, secured creditors, CMBS special servicers, receivers, and other segments of the financial services sector) value her ability to craft solutions and restructure debt in a way that helps them avoid or curtail litigation. When litigation is unavoidable, Ginny is an experienced lead trial lawyer and has obtained complete verdicts for her clients in two jury trials.
Ginny has significant experience in the areas of complex commercial foreclosures, loan workouts and secured transactions under Article 9 of the UCC. She also has experience handling matters involving torts, trade secrets, commercial contract disputes, and construction-related defects.
In a trade secrets case, Ginny successfully drafted and argued a very extensive Daubert motion on loss of enterprise value, which, after it was granted by the Court, led to a very favorable settlement for her client.
Recently, Ginny has been involved in two noteworthy public records cases. In both cases, she represented the governmental agency facing litigation over whether records made by government-owned security cameras are confidential and exempt under Florida’s public records laws.
Ginny also has extensive experience in various tort and insurance-related cases and has represented some of the world’s largest and best known entities in litigation related to premises security, pre-employment background screening, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2000
- B.A., LaGrange College, 1994, cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- SunTrust Advisory Board, Member
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Orlando, Board Member, 2014 – Present
- Central Florida Inns of Court, Barrister Member, 2009-2011
- Coquina Condominium Owners Association, Past Board Member, 2008-2010
- Baldwin Park Residential Owners Association, Past Board Member, 2007-2008
- Habitat for Humanity in Seminole County, Past Board Member, 2005-2008
- Leadership Orlando, Class 65, June 2005
- Leadership Seminole, Class of 2003
Rate : $$$