Glen White practices primarily in the areas of domestic US oil, gas and energy law. He is board certified in oil, gas and mineral law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the State Bar of Pennsylvania, the American Bar Association, and the Houston Bar Association.
Upon receiving his law degree, Mr. White was employed for almost ten years by a major US oil company as a Landman in its Southern Region. Mr. White’s practice focuses on the review of title documents and the preparation of drilling, supplemental, division order, and production purchase title opinions for oil and gas companies.
He has prepared numerous title opinions covering onshore and offshore properties and has represented clients by advising them in regard to various title matters. He conducts legal research on various title or legal issues, primarily related to oil and gas matters, and counsels clients or attorneys within the Firm.
Mr. White is experienced in the review and preparation of oil- and gas-related title instruments, including curative documents, pooling agreements, assignments and stipulations of interest. He also conducts due diligence, in conjuction with oil and gas acquisitions or energy lending transactions.
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D.) (1980)
- Houston Baptist University (J.D. summa cum laude) (1975)
- Pennsylvania~United States (2010)
- Texas (1980)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas – Member
- Houston Bar Association – Member
- American and Houston Associations of Professional Landmen – Member
- State Bar of Pennsylvania – Member
- Certified Professional Landmen – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Assisted client in reviewing and amending oil and gas leases to allow the drilling of horizontal wells in Eagle Ford Shale play of South Texas and in preparing drilling and division order title opinions for the client.
- Prepared production purchase title opinions and assisted in preparation of title defect notices in conjunction with an acquisition of various producing fields in South Texas in excess of USD100 million by an oil and gas client.
- Reviewed leasehold title and prepared leasehold title opinions for energy client concerning recent acquisitions of producing wells in West Texas.
- Assisted both oil and gas companies as lessees, and mineral owners, as lessors, in negotiating oil and gas leases covering lands in Texas.
Rate : $$$