Glen Shu handles complex business disputes, injury claims and appellate matters. Understanding that not all cases are the same, Glen adapts his approach to each individual case and the client’s needs, resulting in personalized perspectives, creative solutions and efficient results.
Throughout his 20-plus-year career, Glen has handled a variety of litigation matters, including contract and business disputes, collection matters, business torts, royalty disputes and trade secret disputes.
Glen also devotes a substantial amount of his practice to defending oil and gas operators, drilling companies and oilfield services companies in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Glen began his career at BakerHostetler working with the firm’s Distribution and Franchise team, handling a number of motor vehicle manufacturer-dealer disputes in various Texas administrative and district courts.
Many of these disputes involved first-impression complaints regarding the legality of an automobile manufacturer’s exercise of contractual rights of first refusal in the transfer of motor vehicle dealerships.
- Obtained summary judgment for an equipment manufacturer accused of violating a Texas statute regulating the relationship between equipment manufacturers and its dealers, in an issue of first impression.
- Obtained summary judgment for an oil field operator alleged to have controlled the work of an injured employee of the drilling contractor.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a staffing placement company sued by a competitor over the placement of a consultant.
- Represented a seismic oil and gas company in the recovery of overriding royalty interests.
- Represented a beauty product manufacturer against the diversion of its products outside the contractual distribution chain.
- Obtained summary judgment for an automobile manufacturer against claims of sexual misconduct at an automobile dealership.
- Represented employees of a large energy trading company in a bankruptcy action attempting to claw back multimillion-dollar bonuses.
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1996; Chief Articles Editor, Houston Law Review
- B.A., The University of New Mexico, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 1999
Rate : $$$$