Ms. Goli Rahimi’s experience includes extensive motion practice, representation at settlement conferences and issuing and responding to oral and written discovery. In addition to courtroom litigation, Ms. Rahimi has represented management in administrative agency investigations, fact-finding conferences, mediations and hearings.
Prior to joining Ogletree Deakins, Ms. Rahimi practiced at a national litigation firm, where she represented employers in federal and state litigation involving matters of employment discrimination and unlawful termination, breaches of non-competition agreements, and wage and hour compliance.
While in law school, Ms. Rahimi was the Vice President and President of Phi Alpha Delta, the nation’s largest legal fraternity. She also served as a Teaching Assistant for DePaul’s Legal Analysis, Research, and Communication courses.
Before embarking on her legal career, Ms. Rahimi worked in the Development and Fundraising departments of the Chicago Children’s Theatre and the Goodman Theatre before serving as the Director of Development for the State Theatre of Chicago. In addition, she received a number of awards for her theatrical works, including the Dennis McIntyre Prize for Distinction in Undergraduate Playwriting.
- J.D., magna cum laude, DePaul University College of Law, 2014
- B.A., University of Michigan, 2009
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Counseling employers on best business practices, including evaluation, composition and enforcement of employee handbooks, Human Resource policies, and contractual disputes and issues
- Counseling and representing corporate and managerial clients on FLSA and IMWL litigation and wage-hour compliance, investigation and evaluation of internal complaints of unlawful employment practices, and disputes involving non-competition agreements
- Federal, state and governmental agency litigation involving Title VII, ADA, ADEA, GINA, FMLA and comparable state law claims
- Most recently, in a jury trial in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Ms. Rahimi won a defense verdict on behalf of a nursing home against a plaintiff’s associational disability claim.
- Chicago Bar Association (Young Lawyers Section)
- Iranian American Bar Association
Rate : $$$