Gonzalo D.V. Go is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Corporate & Securities practice. He advises issuers, investment banks and sponsors in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, including initial public offerings; follow-on offerings; investment grade, high-yield debt offerings; covered bonds; and structured products linked to equities, commodities, interest rates, currencies and other underlying assets.
G earned his LLM from Columbia Law School, where he served as a student senator and graduated as the class speaker, a Harlan Fiske Stone scholar and a recipient of the Parker School Recognition of Achievement in International and Comparative Law. He earned his JD, with honors, from the Ateneo Law School and his BS in Accountancy, with honors, from De La Salle University.
G’s prior professional experiences include being (i) a capital markets associate in another global law firm in New York, (ii) the legal director of a multinational fast-food chain headquartered in the Philippines, where he gained extensive experience in managing legal risks in various business activities such as business development and expansion, customer relations, operations, real estate, franchising, marketing, human resources, purchasing, finance, corporate communications, tax and government relations, (iii) a member of the faculty of the Ateneo Law School and (iv) a tax associate in a tier-one law firm in the Philippines. G is also a lawyer and a certified public accountant in the Philippines.
- Columbia Law School, LLM
- Ateneo de Manila University, JD, second honors
- De La Salle University, BS Accountancy
- New York
- Advised issuers on shelf registration statements and medium term note programs and issuances exempt from registration under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Advised online U.S. lending company in its public and private offerings of debt, securities of structured investment and specialized operating vehicles, and securities repackagings.
- Advised, drafted, and implemented the term sheet, joint venture agreement, and all side agreements for the commencement of Taiwanese business acquisition of the Philippines’ largest multinational fastfood chain in China.
- Advised and implemented the legal mechanics in the cessation of operations of some business units of the Philippines’ largest multinational fastfood chain.
- Advised on aligning the franchise agreements, and in drafting one standard franchise agreement across all brands, of the Philippines’ largest multinational fastfood chain.
- Advised and drafted franchise agreement violation notices and pre-termination notices against habitually erring franchisees of the Philippines’ largest multinational fastfood chain.
- Authored and implemented the intellectual properties management policy of the Philippines’ largest multinational fastfood chain.
- Managed the global filing of trademark registration applications for the Philippines’ largest multinational fastfood chain.
- Managed intellectual property enforcement and litigation, responses to office actions, and submissions of Declarations of Actual Use for the Philippines’ largest multinational fastfood chain and all its subsidiaries globally.
Rate : $$$