A partner in the firm’s Business Group, Goodarz T. Agahi focuses his practice on complex business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, restructurings, recapitalizations, and financings.
Goody has represented clients in matters in various industries, including, among others, apparel, technology, consumer products, medical devices, and pharmaceuticals. He also acts as general outside counsel for clients, assisting in their day-to-day legal needs.
In addition, Goody has significant experience advising corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies on a broad range of tax issues.
- Represented a developer of innovative flow cytometry and cellular imaging technology in connection with its acquisition by a multinational strategic buyer.
- Represented a premium headwear company in connection with its acquisition by a strategic buyer in the apparel industry.
- Represented a provider of high-resolution video security and safety systems for mobile applications in connection with its acquisition by a private equity firm.
- Represented a software company in connection with multiple strategic acquisitions of other software and technology companies providing solutions and integrations for enterprise applications.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of ophthalmic products from one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world for $600 million.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of rights to develop a synthetic compound in the U.S. and certain other countries from one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
Admissions : California
Rate : $$$