Grace Yang, Ph.D. focuses her practice on intellectual property litigation in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, including Hatch-Waxman suits, IPRs and medical devices, and intellectual property due diligence. Her experience also includes negotiating and drafting agreements, such as licensing, royalty sharing, and joint venture.
She has worked on matters spanning a wide range of technical fields, such as oncology, neurology, genetics, and immunology. Grace received her J.D. from Fordham University School of Law and her Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from University of California, San Diego.
Her doctoral research was based on developing synthetic aminoglycosidic antibiotics that inhibit bacteria’s ability to synthesize protein by interfering with the binding of aminoacyl-tRNA to the bacterial ribosome 30S subunit. She graduated from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) with a B.S. in Chemistry.
After receiving her doctorate, Grace worked in the Intellectual Property Department of The Burnham Institute for Medical Research, assisting with patent prosecution, patent portfolio management, due diligence, and counseling in the areas of small molecule pharmaceuticals, spectroscopy, stem cells, cancer, neurodegeneration, and peptidomimetic- and antibody-based technologies.
Grace is admitted to practice in New York State and before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and Eastern District of New York. She is also a registered patent attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Representative Matters :
- Litigations representing innovator medical device, life science and biopharmaceutical companies
- Freedom to operate analysis for both small and large molecule technologies for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and life science companies;
- Non-infringement and invalidity opinion analysis for both small and large molecule technologies for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and life science companies
- Preparation and review of license agreements for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies and consumer electronics company
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- University of California, San Diego, Ph.D., 2005
- University of California, San Diego, M.S., 2000
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$