Grant A. Bermann is member of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Grant Bermann’s practice focuses on all aspects of antitrust law, including mergers and acquisitions, civil and criminal government investigations, and private litigation. Grant joined the firm in 2012.
Merger Review Highlights
- Family Dollar in its $9.3 billion acquisition by Dollar Tree and its rejection of Dollar General’s hostile tender offer on antitrust grounds.
- Alimentation Couche-Tard in various transactions, including its $4.4 billion acquisition of CST Brands.
- OpenText in various transactions, including its $1.62 billion acquisition of Dell EMC’s enterprise content division.
- Commercial Metals Company on the antitrust aspects of its $600 million acquisition of certain U.S. rebar steel mill and fabrication assets.
- Agilent in obtaining unconditional clearance for its acquisition of AATI.
Litigation and Investigation Highlights
- Equilend in pending litigations in the Southern District of New York alleging conspiracies in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act.
- Genting New York and Kien Huat Realty in winning complete dismissal of a complaint alleging conspiracy and monopolization claims, and successfully defending this decision in the Second Circuit, which affirmed on all counts.
- Mallinckrodt plc and its subsidiary Mallinckrodt ARD Inc. in connection with FTC monopolization investigation involving the acquisition of an alleged nascent competitor.
- A major financial institution in global investigations into FX trading.
- Yale Law School, J.D., 2012
- Princeton University, A.B., 2009
- New York
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$