Grant Stein is a senior partner with Alston & Bird’s Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring Group. His diverse practice includes representing debtors, fiduciaries, secured and unsecured creditors, and asset purchasers in complex and difficult out-of-court debt restructurings, bankruptcy cases, and financial transactions throughout the U.S. and internationally.
He regularly represents officers, directors, and other parties in insolvency-related litigation of all kinds. His restructuring experience includes health care, manufacturing, real estate, wholesale, retail, aviation, communications, technology, and intellectual property issues, and he has done substantial work in receiverships and assignments for the benefit of creditors.
Grant is a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy and currently is a vice president of the College. He is a past president of the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors and the Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute, and is currently serving as master of the bench and counselor for the Drake Georgia Bankruptcy American Inn of Court.
- University of Georgia (J.D., 1981)
- Emory University (B.B.A., 1978)
Bar Admissions : Georgia
- American College of Bankruptcy, Fellow and vice president; board of regents (2007–2011)
- W. Homer Drake, Jr., Georgia Bankruptcy American Inn of Court, Master of the Bench and Counselor of the Inn
- Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors (AIRA), director and former chair and president
- Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute, director and former chair and president
Rate : $$$