East Byrd Street 901-951Richmond 23219 VA US
Is this your profile?Claim it now.Make sure your information is up to date.
East Byrd Street 901-951Richmond 23219 VA US Get directions
Array ( [_filled] => Array (  => 0 ) [_featured] => Array (  => 0 ) [_submitting_key] => Array (  => 5cf0fe3a6c262 ) [_job_title] => Array (  => Greg Funk ) [geolocation_lat] => Array (  => 37.5347685 ) [geolocation_long] => Array (  => -77.4389631 ) [geolocation_formatted_address] => Array (  => 901-951 E Byrd St, Richmond, VA 23219, USA ) [geolocation_street_number] => Array (  => 901-951 ) [geolocation_street] => Array (  => East Byrd Street ) [geolocation_city] => Array (  => Richmond ) [geolocation_state_short] => Array (  => VA ) [geolocation_state_long] => Array (  => Virginia ) [geolocation_postcode] => Array (  => 23219 ) [geolocation_country_short] => Array (  => US ) [geolocation_country_long] => Array (  => United States ) [geolocated] => Array (  => 1 ) [_job_location] => Array (  => Riverfront Plaza, East Tower 951 East Byrd Street Richmond, VA 23219 ) [_job_description] => Array (  => Greg Funk focuses on federal income tax issues related to structured finance and securitization. Greg represents REMICs, REITs, other pass-through entities, and issuers and underwriters concerning various aspects of income tax structuring of structured finance and securitization. On a pro bono basis, he educates returning military volunteers on federal income tax return preparation. Experience:
- Representation of issuers and underwriters concerning tax issues in private and public mortgage-backed security, REMIC, and debt offerings, particularly in connection with real estate assets, including representation of US government agencies in mortgage loan securitization transactions.
- Tax structuring and evaluation of various securitization, resecuritization, debt, and grantor trust transactions, particularly in connection with real estate assets, and representation of parties to such transactions.
- Pro bono instruction on federal income tax return preparation to military volunteers who will assist military families in preparing tax returns.
- JD, Washington and Lee University School of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2018
- BA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Economics and Political Science, 2015
- Member, Virginia Bar Association