Greg Funk focuses on federal income tax issues related to structured finance and securitization. Greg represents REMICs, REITs, other pass-through entities, and issuers and underwriters concerning various aspects of income tax structuring of structured finance and securitization.
On a pro bono basis, he educates returning military volunteers on federal income tax return preparation.
- Representation of issuers and underwriters concerning tax issues in private and public mortgage-backed security, REMIC, and debt offerings, particularly in connection with real estate assets, including representation of US government agencies in mortgage loan securitization transactions.
- Tax structuring and evaluation of various securitization, resecuritization, debt, and grantor trust transactions, particularly in connection with real estate assets, and representation of parties to such transactions.
- Pro bono instruction on federal income tax return preparation to military volunteers who will assist military families in preparing tax returns.
- JD, Washington and Lee University School of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2018
- BA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Economics and Political Science, 2015
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
Rate : $$$