J. Greg Goodykoontz has been practicing more than 35 years in the area of civil litigation with Steptoe & Johnson. Mr. Goodykoontz has tried a wide variety of jury and non-jury cases and has previous appeals experience in both the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Mr. Goodykoontz is a member of Steptoe & Johnson’s Toxic and Mass Tort Team and has extensive litigation experience in representing individuals and corporations in West Virginia. He has defended corporations and employers in premises and deliberate intent claims based on chemical exposures.
Mr. Goodykoontz has also developed a specialty in cases alleging exposure to asbestos, benzene, silica, mixed solvents, and aromatic hydrocarbons. He also has defended cases seeking damages for medical monitoring and fear of future disease.
Mr. Goodykoontz has defended numerous industrial accidents and wrongful death litigation matters involving the following:
- Underground coal mining
- Construction-related activity
- Chemical manufacturing
- Power plant construction and maintenance
- Other workplace injuries
- Defended mining equipment manufacturer against miner silicosis claims
- Defended mining equipment manufacturer against third party claims filed by a manufacturer of respirators in claims filed by black lung victims for the alleged defect in respirators worn by underground coal miners
- Regional and local counsel for clients named in benzene litigation
- Tried more than 50 cases to a jury verdict
- National, regional and local counsel for clients named in asbestos litigation
- J.D. University of Virginia
- B.S. WV Wesleyan
Memberships : Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$$