Greg Chaimov is a litigator who also counsels clients on legislative and other political issues. He represents clients before state and federal courts, administrative agencies, and local governments in matters involving administrative rules, banking, civil rights, contracts, education, elections, health care, initiative and referendum, land use, natural resources, professional licensing, trade practices, and real property.
Greg represents major healthcare institutions in complex tort actions spanning employment, malpractice, contract disputes, and privacy and security, among other areas.
Greg frequently advises candidates for public office and proponents and opponents of ballot measures. He also advises trade associations throughout Oregon and the Pacific Northwest on government matters. He holds substantial knowledge based on his background as an elected public official, counsel for the Oregon Legislative Assembly and attorney-in-charge of the Special Litigation Unit for the Oregon Department of Justice.
Greg is a frequent speaker at colleges, law schools, and civic gatherings on Oregon history and legislative processes. A published author, Greg has penned poems and short fiction that have appeared in journals throughout North America.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Member, 2012-present; Chair, 2014-2015 – Board of Education, Clackamas Community College
- Member, 2007-2012; President, 2010-2012 – City of Milwaukie City Council
- Member, 2007-2016; Chair, 2015 – Oregon State Bar Constitutional Law Section
- Chair Emeritus, North Clackamas Chamber of Commerce
- Secretary, Milwaukie Ledding Library Foundation
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, 1982, cum laude
- Cornelius Honor Society
- Champion, Appellate Advocacy Competition
- B.A., Art History, Carleton College, 1978, magna cum laude
- Mortar Board
Rate : $$$