Gregory S. Berlin is an associate in the Environmental Practice in the San Francisco office. He routinely advises clients on regulatory, compliance, and litigation issues arising under the: Endangered Species Act, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Clean Air Act, Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA).
Additionally, Greg has notable experience with compliance and litigation defense under California’s Proposition 65. He has defended dozens of Proposition 65 private enforcement actions and regularly advises clients on Proposition 65 compliance, including “clear and reasonable” warning requirements, Safe Use Determinations (SUDs), and product testing and reformulation.
Greg also represents property developers and corporations on environmental issues associated with real estate, including environmental site assessments, environmental indemnification agreements, hazardous waste cleanup requirements, vapor intrusion, risk management, and cost recovery issues.
During law school, Greg served as a Government Honors Law Clerk for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, a law clerk in the Natural Resources Section for the California Attorney General’s Office, and a judicial extern to the Honorable Edward M. Chen of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
- J.D.cum laudeUniversity of California, Hastings College of the Law2016
- B.A.Political Sciencesumma cum laudeThe New School2013
Bar Admissions : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Professional Memberships :
- Association of California Water Agencies
- Environmental Law Institute
- California Lawyers Association, Environmental Law Section
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom
Rate : $$$