Gregory J, Commins is an established trial lawyer who focuses his practice on matters involving antitrust class action litigation, intellectual property disputes and complex commercial litigation. He has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in multiweek trials and on appeal throughout the country, as well as providing counsel on a variety of complicated commercial issues.
Greg is a contributor to BakerHostetler’s Antitrust Advocate blog, providing informative commentary on the latest developments in the antitrust litigation sector.
- Representing a class of dairy farmers in the northeastern United States against defendants in an action alleging violations of sections 1 and 2 of the Sherman Act by unlawfully conspiring to eliminate competition for the marketing, sale and purchase of raw milk in the Northeast.
- Represented a manufacturing client in a private antitrust case challenging parts acquisition and distribution practices. The client prevailed on directed verdict motion on the antitrust claims and obtained a jury verdict on the state law claims after presentation of the case to a jury in a five-week trial.
- Served as counsel on behalf of steel company plaintiffs alleging unlawful conspiracy to monopolize against various railroads. The matter resulted in a plaintiff’s verdict, which was upheld on appeal.
- Representing a manufacturing client in a patent infringement lawsuit involving vehicle tracking technology.
- Representing a manufacturing client in a patent infringement suit related to vehicle management systems.
- Acted as counsel in a bench trial. Sought a preliminary injunction against trade secret misappropriation in a case involving the provision of technical support services to the Royal Saudi Air Force.
- Pauline Newman American’s Inn of Court
- American Bar Association
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1990, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Executive Editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics(1989 to 1990)
- B.A., Cornell University, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$