As counsel for Fortune 500 companies, Gregory R. Crochet’s practice involves bankruptcy, lender liability, restrictive covenant, insurance and employment matters. He represents major financial institutions in a wide range of legal issues – from breaches of contract and fiduciary duties to unfair competition and tort claims.
Gregory has substantial jury and non-jury trial experience in federal and state courts, as well as in administrative agencies in various states, which enables him to provide counsel to business clients on litigation risk and avoidance.
He is a registered neutral with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution, and a certified arbitrator and mediator for numerous private and court-annexed Alternative Dispute Resolution programs.
Gregory has substantial experience in the litigation and arbitration of a broad range of insurance disputes. He has acted as defense, coverage and supervisory counsel in a variety of insurance matters, including employment practices, securities, professional liability, product liability, errors and omissions, directors’ and officers’ liability, title insurance and property claims.
His strong background in alternative dispute resolution allows for the successful resolution of insurance-related claims. Gregory represents employers in actions ranging from restrictive covenants and discrimination to harassment and state law claims.
His experience includes defending a management company and related owner of multifamily housing against a discriminatory housing practice claim based on familial status by a prospective tenant under the Fair Housing Act. He also counsels employers with respect to employment and dispute resolution issues.
- Counsel to financial institutions, including national lenders, on a variety of business litigation and bankruptcy matters.
- Assisted numerous national and other banks in breach of contract, collection and seizure of collateral actions.
- Represented large tile distributor at trial and on appeal in successfully defending claim on account and prevailing on counterclaims for breach of contract and conversion.
- Represented national brokerage firm in defending lender liability claim and securing $60 Million judgment.
- Successfully represented regional multifamily property owner against claims of sexual harassment and discrimination.
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law, cum laude
- B.B.A., Georgia State University, cum laude
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- All state and federal courts in Tennessee
All state and federal courts in South Carolina
- US Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Memberships and Affiliations :
- American Arbitration Association (National Roster of Neutrals, member)
- Atlanta Bar Association (Alternative Dispute Resolution Lawyers Section, past president)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia State University Athletic Association, Inc. (past chairman)
Rate : $$$$