Gregory Bodin is an experienced civil litigator who has taken more than two dozen jury trials to verdict in more than twenty years of practice. As a past president of the Baton Rouge Bar Association, Greg maintains strong relationships with the local judiciary and a collegial reputation within the local legal community.
Greg has handled a large variety of litigation, particularly cases involving average wholesale price litigation; insurance coverage disputes; defense of employer liability, workers’ compensation, casualty, products liability, and occupational disease cases; business-related litigation arising out of commercial disputes, successions and trusts, and business transactions; and the appeals of cases in all appellate courts in Louisiana.
A 1988 graduate of the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, Greg serves as an adjunct faculty member at the LSU Law School, where he teaches Legal Negotiations & Professionalism.
He has also lectured at continuing legal education seminars sponsored by LSU Law School, Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Louisiana State Bar Association, and Baton Rouge Bar Association. He has served as an Assistant Bar Examiner by appointment of the Louisiana Supreme Court since 1995.
- Lead coverage counsel for the largest workers’ compensation insurer in the state, for cases pending throughout all districts of the Office of Workers’ Compensation and Louisiana’s state and federal courts, involving litigation and resolution of complex cases and claims and myriad issues including coverage disputes, duty to defend, coordination of coverage and benefits of multi-party and multi-state policies, Medicare Set Asides, and extra-contractual claims.
- Lead trial counsel for national tire and rubber manufacturer, defending premises and product cases in asbestos litigation throughout Louisiana’s state and federal courts.
- Lead trial counsel for manufacturer of a conveyor system in products liability suit arising from traumatic amputation of the plaintiff’s fingers of her dominant hand.
- Lead trial and appellate counsel in unanimous opinion from the Louisiana Supreme Court establishing the superiority of the employment at will doctrine over tort theories against an employer.
- Lead trial counsel in litigation over contested donation of property and subsequent judicial partition of large tracts property in succession.
- Lead trial and appellate counsel in litigation between competing insurers as to liability for benefits to a fireman’s widow under the Heart and Lung Act.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Member – Baton Rouge Bar Association (Board of Directors, 2000 – 2006; President, 2005; President-elect, 2004; Treasurer, 2003; President’s Award, 2000)
- Fellow – Louisiana State Bar Foundation
- Member – Wex Malone Inns of Court (Executive Committee, 1999 – 2002)
Rate : $$$