Gregory S. Gilchrist is the Managing Partner for the firm’s San Francisco office. Mr. Gilchrist has successfully represented a wide range of clients in litigation, trials and appeals before state and federal courts. Although his practice currently emphasizes intellectual property and antitrust litigation, his clients consult him on a wide variety of problems.
He has handled employment litigation arising out of large scale lay-offs and dealer termination cases arising out of distribution policy enforcement. He manages national and global brand enforcement projects for famous consumer products.
Apart from litigation, Mr. Gilchrist regularly advises clients on brand protection and product distribution strategies and a wide variety of commercial disputes. He works closely with clients to design processes and programs that lawfully implement their commercial objectives.
His extensive experience in pre-litigation counseling includes serving on a number of client policy committees and training teams.
Representative Recent and Pending Engagements:
- Levi Strauss & Co. Representing company in commercial litigation, arbitration and global trademark enforcement program. Counseling about distribution policies, license disputes, internet policies, trademark and copyright policies and education for sales and marketing forces.
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Representing company in trademark, trade dress and copyright litigation and in brand and copyright enforcement efforts. Providing counsel about brand and copyright protection strategies; protection of IP assets on-line, and vendor strategies.
- Go. v. Microsoft. Representing company who pioneered tablet technology in antitrust litigation involving alleged conspiracy to monopolize operating system market
- Tequila Supremo S.A. v. Gallo, Inc. Representing tequila producer in ICC arbitration involving disputes under tequila supply and distribution agreement.
- Medtronic Inc. v. Edwards Life Sciences, Inc. Representing defendant and cross-claimant in patent infringement lawsuit involving patented heart valve repair and replacement technology
- Spiece v. Levi Strauss & Co. Represented client in lawsuit involving terminated distributor asserting counterclaims for antitrust violations, deceptive franchise practices and dealer termination claims.
- Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation v. Intel, Microsoft, Dell, H-P et al.Represented Australian governmental research organization in patent infringement trial regarding patents for wireless LAN technology.
- Levi Strauss & Co. v. Abercrombie & Fitch. Represented Levi Strauss in trial against competitor regarding allegedly infringing stitching design.
- All Alaskan Seafoods v. Raychem Corporation. Represented Tyco Electronics Corp. [successor of Raychem] in trial of product liability action involving claims in excess of $150 million arising from fire aboard salmon and crab processing vessel.
- Fisherman’s Wharf Bay Cruise Corporation v. Blue & Gold Fleet. Represented client in arbitration regarding settlement reached during pre-trial of predatory pricing, tying, price and services discrimination claims.
- Levi Strauss & Co. v. Vivat Holdings. Represented client in TTAB trial proceedings regarding trademark applications of rival jeans manufacturer.
- Levi Strauss & Co. v. Abercrombie & Fitch. Represented client in appeals regarding claim preclusion (Federal Circuit) and proper standard for dilution under Trademark Dilution Revision Act (Ninth Circuit).
- Informatica Corp. v. Bus. Objects Data Integration, Inc. Represented client in appeal regarding validity and infringement of software patent.
- Unit Process Co. v. Tyco Flow Control. Represented manufacturer in state and federal appeals regarding exclusive dealing, tying, monopoly, trade libel and franchise law claims.
- Fisherman’s Wharf Bay Cruise Corporation v. Blue & Gold Fleet. Represented client in appeal regarding dismissal of predatory pricing claims.
- Already L.L.C. v. Nike Inc. Represented amici supporting Nike in U.S. Supreme Court.
- Saratoga Fishing v. J.M. Martinac. Represented amicus curiae in U.S. Supreme Court.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D. (1983)magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Michigan Law Review
- University of Michigan, B.A., Political Science and Economics (1980) cum laude
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Rate : $$$$