Gregory P. Hawver focuses his practice on private equity-sponsored M&A and other complex business transactions. Greg has represented private equity and strategic clients in a wide variety of domestic and cross-border acquisitions, minority equity investments, recapitalizations, joint ventures and corporate reorganizations. Greg also advises clients on day-to-day corporate matters.
Consistent with the strengths of the McGuireWoods private equity group, Greg regularly represents independent sponsors and is familiar with the unique opportunities and challenges presented by this growing market. He has led transactions in a wide variety of industries, with particular emphasis on the healthcare sector (again, leveraging the industry-leading expertise of McGuireWoods).
Greg is a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions Committee of the American Bar Association. With respect to pro bono, Greg has represented the interests of children in numerous disputed guardianship cases as a court-appointed guardian ad litem. Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Greg practiced corporate law at another prominent national law firm.
- Representation of Tiger Peak Capital, a New York-based private equity firm, in its acquisition of VoiceComm, a wholesale wireless accessory distributor.
- Representation of Eye Health America, a full-service eye care practice backed by LLR Partners, in various acquisition transactions.
- Representation of one of the world’s largest independent alternative asset management firms in various equity co-investments.
- Representation of Norwest Equity Partners in its investment in Old Hickory Smokehouse, a manufacturer, marketer and distributor of food products.
- Representation of Henrob Corporation, an automotive manufacturing company located in the U.S., U.K. and Australia, in its sale to Atlas Copco, a Swedish public company.
- Representation of a banking and financial services company in its role as financial advisor to Rayonier Advanced Materials (NYSE: RYAM) in its $807 million acquisition of Tembec Inc. (TSX: TMB).
- Duke University School of Law, JD, 2009
- University of Missouri, BS, summa cum laude, 2006
Admissions : Illinois
Affiliations : Member, Mergers and Acquisitions Committee, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$