Gregory S. Hudson focuses his practice on insurance coverage matters, and has experience in first and third party defense matters and bad faith claims for domestic and overseas carriers. He has also represented clients in complex products liability and toxic tort litigation involving both fact development and complex e-discovery management.
Greg routinely consults with corporate and insurance clients regarding litigation matters, and represents those clients in both trial and appellate matters. Greg earned his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Trinity University and his law degree, cum laude, from the University of Texas School of Law. Greg has been married for 20 years, and has two children, Sarah (12) and Christian (9).
- Successful appeal of adverse trial court judgment regarding “drop down” coverage under an excess policy and federal MCS-90 endorsement in Wells v. Gulf Insurance Co., 484 F.3d 313 (5th Cir. 2007).
- Successful defense of favorable trial court verdict regarding coverage afforded under property policy in Corporate Pines Realty Corp. v. Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s, London, 355 Fed.Appx. 778, 2009 WL 3172192 (5th Cir. 2009).
- Mandamus proceeding challenging trial court refusal to order case to arbitration for certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s v. Ensco International, Inc. 2010 WL 3369847 (Tex.App.–Dallas, August 26, 2010)(No. 05-10-00535-CV).
- Mandamus proceeding resulting in successful challenge to trial court order refusing to refer insurance claim to appraisal in re Certain Underwriters at Lloyds, 2011 WL 4837869 (Tex.App.–Waco, October 12, 2011)(No. 10-11-00263-CV).
- University of Texas–Austin, J.D., cum laude, 1994
- Trinity University, B.A., cum laude, 1991
BAR ADMISSIONS : Texas
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Texas Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court — Western District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation
Rate : $$$