Gregory W. Knopp defends companies in class and collective actions and other complex disputes. He has argued successfully before state and federal courts across the country and has obtained dismissals of class actions in dozens of high-profile, highly consequential matters.Greg’s clients range from entertainment companies to prominent retailers to professional sports leagues.
He has also worked with financial services and other professional services firms, along with clients in the technology, transportation and healthcare spaces. All look to Greg for his ability to quickly spot legal issues and to determine strategies to maximize advantage.
- Is partner in charge of the firm’s Los Angeles office, a member of the firm-wide management committee and co-chair of the retail industry group.
- Employment litigator focusing on class and collective actions and other complex disputes.
- Has litigated dozens of class and complex matters in state and federal courts across the country.
- Secured dismissal of class action against a national arts and crafts retailer in a California-wide class action in which the plaintiff claimed that the company systematically failed to pay employees for time spent working at the end of their shifts.
- Assisted a professional sports league in obtaining dismissal of nationwide putative class action by former professional athletes claiming the league was responsible for injuries resulting from alleged improper administration of painkillers.
- Conducted significant investigation into allegations of sexual harassment by multiple individuals at a prominent entertainment company.
- Defended a prominent retail company through trial and obtained successful result in a California-wide representative action in which the plaintiff sought civil penalties in excess of $100 million.
- Obtained dismissal of Private Attorney General Act Claim alleging various wage and hour violations on behalf of all California employees of prominent food and beverage retail company.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, with high honors, 1996
- B.A., Cornell University, 1992
- New York
Rate : $$$