Gregory A. Kubly is a commercial litigator with experience in all aspects of litigation, trial, and appellate work. His broad range of litigation experience includes the application of complex state and federal banking regulations, commercial contractual disputes, application of the Uniform Commercial Code to supply contacts, trademark and trade dress infringement, and claims for tortious interference and unfair competition claims in connection with supply chain disputes.
In addition, Greg’s business-focused perspective and experience as a litigator allows him to provide efficient and practical advice to clients in litigation and to those seeking to avoid future litigation on commercial contracts.
- Financial Institutions Litigation: Represented a regional bank in securing the dismissal of a $3.5 million claim for restitution, where a former borrower sought to transform a multi-million dollar deficiency judgment into a windfall based upon a scrivener’s error in the underlying judgment of foreclosure.
- Appellate: Assisted national steel supplier in an appeal from an order granting summary judgment on its claims to enforce a requirements contract. The case turned upon the enforceability of the contract under the UCC statute of frauds.
- Real Estate Litigation: Represented a major commercial property in a complex commercial eviction bench trial associated with the foreclosure of a major downtown commercial property. The success hinged upon questions of service by publication under the Hague Convention application of the Hague Convention under Illinois law.
- Commercial Litigation: Represent a Fortune 500 client in the financial services sector by providing litigation counseling and contractual review services, including assessing litigation vulnerabilities in existing contracts and assisting with the amendment of long-term agreements.
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2007
- B.A., University of Iowa, 1996
Bar Admissions : Illinois; New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois – Trial Bar
Rate : $$$$