Gregory D. Lee has been involved in real estate development since 1994, and represents clients with regard to land use, local and state government, and real estate development matters.
A large focal point of Gregory’s practice involves the sports and entertainment industry, specifically sports facilities, as he works on all sides of the complex transactional structures associated with governmental approvals, development, construction, occupancy and sponsorships involving such facilities.
His representation includes professional sports leagues and associations, as well as ownership groups and teams. Gregory is the leader of the national BakerHostetler Sports and Entertainment Industry practice team.
He is well positioned to assist his clients with their needs and provides thoughtful and proactive counsel, using his knowledge and experience as both a real estate developer and an attorney.
- Serve as chair of the Orlando Community Venues Oversight Committee responsible for overseeing the construction schedule and budgets exceeding $1.3 billion in public sports entertainment facilities, which include the Amway Center (home of the Orlando Magic), Dr. Philips Center for the Performing Arts, renovations to the Florida Citrus Bowl, and the MLS Soccer Stadium (home of the Orlando City Soccer Club).
- Represented a local not-for-profit hospital in the creation and establishment of the first special taxing district in Orlando. The district is more than 700 acres, and provides resources and a platform for the redevelopment of the district’s infrastructure. Assisted with an exploratory task force, created the necessary legislation and implemented the final plan.
- Served as Central Florida land use counsel to a bank regarding its portfolio of REO properties. REO properties include a Development of Regional Impact in Osceola County and a 70-acre mixed use development project in Orlando.
- Served as land use counsel to a luxury high-rise apartment building in downtown Orlando. Assisted with the land acquisition and coordination efforts with local government agencies and utility providers regarding site development. Represented the client during public hearings.
- Serve as land use counsel to one of the largest single-site fractional ownership developments in the world, with approximately 1,500 acres and 5,000 units. Representation includes assisting coordination efforts with local and state government agencies regarding the Development of Regional Impact (DRI) entitlement structure for the development project. Represented the client during public hearings.
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Sports Lawyers Association
- Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC): President
- City of Orlando Community Venues Oversight Committee, Chair, Board Member
- Orlando Utilities Commission, Commissioner, Finance Committee
- Business Force: Board Member
- Florida Citrus Sports
- Florida A&M University College of Law Board of Advisors: Former Board Member
- United Negro College Fund Board of Directors: Former Board Member
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 1999, cum laude
- M.B.A., Stetson University, 1996, with honors
- B.A., University of Florida, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$