Gregory D. Lydon is Chair of the Commercial Real Estate Section for Willcox & Savage. His clients represent a broad spectrum of developers, banks, tenants, contractors and property management companies that have constructed, financed and leased commercial real estate projects in the Hampton Roads region and throughout the United States using traditional equity/debt structures, tax credit equity investment and public private partnerships.
- Represented the developer of a $171 million mixed-use public private partnership project in Norfolk, Virginia consisting of an office tower, multi-family apartments, retail and two public parking garages, including the preparation and negotiation with City officials of development, parking and use agreements and the closing of a $58.6 million construction/permanent financing facility.
- Represented the developer of a 240 unit apartment project in Frederick, Maryland utilizing Low Income Housing Tax Credits, a HUD construction loan and bond financing from Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development.
- Represented the developer of eighteen (18) free-standing Walgreens drugstores including all aspects of the acquisition, financing, construction, leasing and disposition of the assets.
- Represented clients in the negotiation and closing of billions of dollars of acquisition, construction and refinance loans secured by office buildings, warehouses, hotels, shopping centers, apartment projects and other commercial real estate assets.
- Represented clients utilizing low income housing tax credits (LIHTC) in the development of senior and affordable housing apartment projects.
- Represented client in the purchase of a distressed loan and acquired the collateral for development through foreclosure proceedings.
- Represented multifamily developer clients in negotiating and closing HUD 221(d)(4) and 223(a)(7) construction loans, HUD 223(f) refinance loans, VHDA construction and permanent loans, life insurance construction and permanent loans and numerous Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac securitized loans.
- Represented the developer in the negotiation of construction contracts and other development agreements related to a multi-million dollar biotechnology medical facility.
- Represented the owner/developer in the negotiation, development and financing of a build-to-suit facility for a Virginia public service company.
- Represented owners/developers in the acquisition, construction and financing of numerous multi-family apartment and extended stay hotel projects.
- J.D., George Mason University, 1998
- B.B.A. Finance/Real Estate, James Madison University, 1992
- Hampton Roads Association for Commercial Real Estate (HRACRE): President (2014); Board of Directors; Executive Committee; President’s Council (Chair 2017)
- Virginia Housing Coalition
- Virginia State Bar
Rate : $$$$