With nearly 20 years of experience, Gregory Parisi focuses on capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities law and exchange compliance, public disclosure obligations, corporate governance, and commercial matters.
Greg represents public and private companies in a variety of industries, with substantial experience representing financial institutions and fintech and other financial services companies. Greg often serves as principal outside counsel for his clients.
Greg leverages his broad experience and pragmatic approach, bringing a wealth of knowledge, business insight and practical problem-solving skills to efficiently manage transactions and advise clients in an evolving legal landscape.
He combines his corporate and transactional experience with a robust knowledge of bank regulatory issues to provide valued legal solutions for financial institutions.
Greg often works closely with clients to design and implement internal policies and procedures and contractual safeguards in commercial arrangements in connection with corporate and regulatory requirements and risk management best practices.
Greg leads transactions across the business cycle, from venture financings and private placements to public offerings and from asset acquisitions and sales to significant public company mergers. He advises both issuers and underwriters in securities offerings.
Greg also enjoys supporting a variety of pro bono clients and has focused on providing practical education to at-risk individuals on the responsible use of credit.
Representative Matters :
- Advised issuers and underwriters in more than 40 public and private debt and equity offerings, including those involving common stock, preferred stock, senior and subordinated debt, secured bonds, trust preferred securities, and convertible securities.
- Advised issuers and underwriters in connection with initial public offerings (IPOs), shelf takedowns, registered direct offerings, private placements, dividend reinvestment and stock purchase programs, at-the-market offerings (ATMs), medium-term notes programs (MTNs), and other continuous offering programs.
- Advised as buyer’s or seller’s counsel on more than 40 whole bank mergers and branch and portfolio acquisitions and divestitures.
- Advised on multiple acquisitions and dispositions of registered investment advisors, broker-dealers and insurance agencies.
- Advised multiple banks on commercial partnerships with and investments in nonbank lenders and fintechs.
- Advised on private equity recapitalizations involving the preservation of deferred tax assets, regulatory control avoidance and other complex issues.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1999
- University of Richmond, B.A., 1995
BAR ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia
Rate : $$$