Gregory B. Robertson’s practice focuses on labor and employment law, including counseling, litigation and regulatory advice. Greg has over 40 years of experience focusing on all aspects of labor law, including strategic labor relations, representation elections, collective bargaining, labor disputes and corporate campaigns.
He counsels clients on employment law issues such as equal employment opportunity matters and employment-related regulatory compliance. Greg has substantial litigation experience in employment, employee benefit and labor relations matters in state and federal courts, appellate courts, before administrative agencies and in arbitration proceedings.
Greg has in-depth knowledge of and experience advising employers in the service, manufacturing, hospitality, meat packing and food distribution, textile, health care, energy including utilities, coal and other natural resources.
Greg currently serves as counsel to the Virginia Chamber of Commerce.
Greg is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals for the Fourth, Sixth and District of Columbia Circuits and the Virginia Supreme Court.
- Successfully assisted large corporate clients in managing to successful conclusion national and international corporate campaigns.
- Initiated and prosecuted successful RICO actions in response to several multi-year, multi-faceted corporate campaigns against Fortune 100 companies.
- Handled numerous representation and decertification elections for employers of all sizes, including numerous campaigns in units of 500 to 5,000 employees. Industries include energy, hospitality, transportation, textile, manufacturing and others.
- Specializes in difficult collective bargaining in a variety of industries, including development of post-negotiation strategies for implementation or operation in the absence of ratification.
- Handled large- and medium-sized non-competition and trade secrets cases in state and federal courts.
- Prepared numerous executive and key employee contracts.
- Represented large and medium-sized employers in various labor disputes, including both wildcat and authorized strikes that involved violence and resulted in 10(j) and other injunctive and contempt proceedings.
- Lobbied on behalf of employers and associations regarding employment and labor-related legislation.
- Negotiated and drafted labor and employment components of agreements for mergers and acquisitions involving Fortune 500 companies.
- Handled numerous wage and hour matters including collective actions.
- JD, University of Richmond School of Law, 1976
- BA, Washington and Lee University, 1973
- Member, Governing Board, Virginia Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Past President, Energy and Mineral Law Institute
Rate : $$$$