Gregory S. Saikin is a former federal prosecutor and maintains a national practice in white collar criminal defense and related civil and administrative regulatory matters. He routinely acts as lead counsel for healthcare providers in response to allegations of fraud, kickbacks, and controlled substances diversion by governmental agencies.
Greg also defends a diverse range of clients across industries in matters involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), data privacy, securities fraud, environmental issues, asset forfeiture and money laundering, among others.
Prior to joining the firm, Greg served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Texas, Fraud Section, where he directed numerous health care fraud and white collar investigations and prosecutions.
As a result, he has a unique understanding of the critical interplay between and among administrative, civil, and criminal enforcement matters. Prior to his legal career, Greg worked on the White House Advance Staff, coordinating official visits of former Pres. George W. Bush throughout the United States and in numerous foreign countries.
- National post-acute company in defense of FBI investigation and search warrants in the Eastern District of Texas.
- National pharmacy company in defense of FBI and OIG investigation for health care fraud in the District of Utah.
- Independent diagnostic testing facility owner under OIG investigation for federal anti-kickback statute violations in the Southern District of Texas.
- Radiologist in defense of federal anti-kickback statute allegations in the District of New Jersey.
- Major League Baseball team in connection with indictment in Southern District of Florida of sports agent for smuggling Cuban baseball players into the U.S.
- Real estate developer in connection with FBI international money laundering investigation in the Western District of Texas.
- Businessman charged with fraud related to the EPA’s Renewable Identification Numbers (RINS) program in the District of Nevada.
- Houston Bar Association
- Healthcare Section
- Criminal Law and Procedure Section: Secretary and Treasurer
- American Health Lawyers Association
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2005, with honors
- B.S., The University of Texas at Austin, 2002, with high honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$$