Gregory J. Shope is with a comprehensive legal background in the areas of health care, corporate/business law, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance and compliance, Greg is well-equipped to advise his clients about any number of corporate and business law matters.
He has extensive experience leading acquisitions of all shapes and sizes (both as buyer’s counsel and seller’s counsel). Greg has led transactions for local nonprofits, regional companies and large multinational corporations ranging in size from $100,000 to more than $750 million.
Greg regularly counsels clients regarding joint venture transactions and strategic partnerships, with a particular emphasis on the health care and senior housing industries, and he regularly negotiates and drafts employment agreements, buy-sell agreements, management agreements, non-competition agreements, and physician contracts.
Public companies draw on Greg’s extensive experience for their capital raising transactions and in connection with their SEC and securities law compliance. A detail-oriented and proactive counselor, he also provides guidance to clients regarding best practices in corporate governance and subsidiary management.
- J.D., with honors, The Ohio State University, 2001
- B.A., summa cum laude, The Ohio State University, Phi Beta Kappa, 1996
Bar and Court Admissions : Ohio, 2001
- Successfully assisted a nonprofit health care system in its acquisition of a large skilled nursing, assisted living, and home health/hospice company and its related joint venture with a publicly-traded real estate investment trust.
- Assisted a real estate investment trust in acquiring senior housing facilities worth more than $4 billion in 25+ transactions over a three-year period, through successful negotiation of purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, and management contracts.
- Negotiated acquisitions/sales of physician practices, pharmacy businesses, dialysis partnerships, and related real estate for nonprofit health care system clients.
- Reviewed/drafted periodic reports, current reports, proxy statements, offering documents, Section 16 filings, and other reports/filings with the SEC and NYSE for publicly-traded clients over the past 15 years.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Mobile Meals, President-Elect and member of Board of Directors and Executive Committee
Rate : $$$$