Gregory James Smith works with home health and hospice agencies, provider networks, medical and technology enterprises, nonprofits, medical practices, physical therapy practices, chiropractic practices, rehabilitation agencies, and related trade, professional and charitable organizations.
He also has extensive legal experience in business matters, including mergers, acquisitions, entity organization and operation, and contracting and regulatory compliance. Gregory’s knowledge of health care and legal expertise has earned him teaching and counsel appointments, as well as a seat on the board of directors for Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Inc.
He is an affiliate faculty member of health care ethics at Regis University, an adjunct faculty member in the University of Denver’s graduate program in health care leadership and an adjunct faculty member at Loyola University Chicago School of Law; counsel for the Hospice and Palliative Care Association of the Rockies; general counsel for the Home Care Association of Colorado; and general counsel for the American Physical Therapy Association’s Colorado Chapter.
After receiving his bachelor’s degree from Colorado College, Gregory earned his juris doctorate from Cornell Law School. Throughout his legal career, he has continued to advance his education, earning a certificate in bioethics from Georgetown University’s Kennedy Institute of Ethics; a master’s degree in interdisciplinary humanities from the University of Colorado; and a master’s degree and a doctor of bioethics degree from the Stritch School of Medicine’s Neiswanger Institute for Bioethics and Health Policy at Loyola University Chicago. He is currently enrolled in the Ignatian Scholars Program at Regis University.
Gregory grew up in Grand Junction, Colo., and has been married to his wife, Marcia, for more than forty years. Marcia is a professor of physical therapy at Regis University. The Smiths’ son, Patrick, is working in the Colorado music scene in audio production. Greg and his wife enjoy travel, golf, reading, music and the arts. They also enjoy watching the Colorado College Tigers ice hockey team, as well as local professional sports teams, especially the Broncos and Rockies.
- Loyola University Chicago, Neiswanger Institute for Bioethics and Health Policy, Stritch School of Medicine, M.A. and D.B.E.
- University of Colorado, M.H.
- Georgetown University, Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Bioethics Certificate
- Cornell Law School, J.D.
- The Colorado College, B.A. cum laude with Distinction in History
Associations & Memberships:
- Denver, Colorado and American Bar Associations
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Society of Law, Medicine and Ethics
- Hospice and Palliative Care Association of the Rockies
- Medical Group Management Association
- American Society of Bioethics and Humanities
- Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy
Rate : $$$