Gregory C. Ulmer is chair of BakerHostetler’s Product Liability and Toxic Tort practice group. Greg’s practice focuses on the representation of heavy-equipment and other product manufacturers in defending product liability lawsuits.
He has defended clients against claims of design, manufacturing and marketing defects; failure to warn; crashworthiness; breach of warranty; and other matters, including catastrophic tort and premises liability.
Greg was appointed by former Texas Gov. Rick Perry to the Texas Board of Professional Geoscientists (TBPG). The TBPG oversees the licensing, administration and practice of professional geoscientists in the state of Texas. In addition, Houston Mayor Bill White appointed Greg to serve as chair of the Houston Police Officers’ Civil Service Commission (HPOCSC).
The HPOCSC hears and reviews appeals of disciplinary actions and grievances associated with the classification system, promotion system, medical and psychological fitness for duty, and compensation system of classified officers in the Houston Police Department.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a hydraulic hose manufacturer in a wrongful death case involving allegations of design and manufacturing defects as well as negligent manufacturing and breach of warranty.
- Successfully defended a heavy-equipment manufacturer in a wrongful death case. The company was accused of defectively designing the seat belt and restraint system on a piece of industrial earth-moving equipment.
- Successfully defended a heavy-equipment manufacturer in a case including allegations of design, manufacturing and marketing defects associated with the manufacture of a tack rig attached to a track-type tractor.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of an international chemical manufacturer in a premises liability case arising out of an explosion at the company’s plant located in the Gulf Coast area.
- Successfully defended a personal injury action in which the plaintiff alleged to have sustained injuries while working at the client’s parts and distribution warehouse facility.
- Represented a heavy-equipment manufacturer in a product liability action involving alleged defects in a piece of earth-moving equipment’s engine and fuel lines.
- State Bar of Texas, Professionalism Committee
- Houston Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Lone Star Legal Aid: Board of Directors
- Houston Lawyers Referral Service, Inc.: Board of Trustees, Past President
- Texas Board of Professional Geoscientists: Member
- Houston Police Officers’ Civil Service Commission
- University of Houston Law Center Alumni: Board of Directors
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1995
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$$