Gregory Johnson specializes in creative approaches to financing and developing infrastructure domestically and internationally. Greg’s clients include developers, investment and commercial banks, public entities and others in project finance transactions across the country and overseas.
Greg has served as bond counsel, disclosure counsel and other public finance counsel on a large number of water and waste water infrastructure financings throughout the US. This work has involved the financing of water and waste water projects through the issuance of special revenue, special obligation, assessment and general obligation bonds by dozens of issuers in the country. Greg has also represented the Department of Housing of Puerto Rico on the financing of housing projects owned and operated by the Department.
In addition, Greg has worked extensively in public-private partnerships (P3) for state and federal projects. His work in this area includes:
- Representation of private sector entity in the Great Hall Project at Denver International Airport, a ground-breaking airport P3.
- Representation of the Fitzsimons Redevelopment Authority and its affiliates for over 25 years in the redevelopment of the former Fitzsimons Army Medical Hospital into largest and most successful base conversion and P3 project in the US, with more than US$6 billion invested to date.
- Representation of the Regional Transportation District (Colorado) in the redevelopment of the Denver Union Station, an award-winning P3 transportation and development project.
- Representation of private lenders and investors in the P3 development of Coors Field (Denver) and the Broncos Football stadium (Denver).
- Representation of private investors and other participants in the P3 redevelopment of several National Laboratories owned by the NNSA and the Department of Energy.
- Representation of private proposers for P3 transportation projects across the country, including LAX APM (California), I-66 (Virginia), I-70 (Colorado), Northwest Parkway (Colorado), I-285 and SR 400 Reconstruction Project (Georgia).
- Representation of a national real estate development firm on several privatized and P3 military family housing projects at bases across the US.
- Representation of multiple investment banking firms in the financing of the construction and installation of P3 student housing projects for higher education in several states.
Greg is active in representing clients seeking creative solutions for infrastructure financings. He has worked on taxable and tax-exempt project financings for infrastructure development, including transportation, healthcare, higher education, public schools and other infrastructure projects related to economic development.
Greg represents developers, investment banks and other funding sources in renewable energy projects throughout the country. These projects have included wind, solar, biomass and related energy projects, as well as electrical transmission and other energy-related project financings.
Greg has assisted developers and funding sources in structuring creative approaches to accessing the capital markets in a difficult economy, including through the use of securitization approaches to project financing, federal grants and loan guarantees, as well as direct lending programs by the Department of Energy and other federal agencies.
He also serves as bond and underwriters counsel on tax-exempt bond transactions for renewable energy, education, healthcare and housing projects.
Rate : $$$