Gregory S. Wagner represents and advises clients in the oil, natural gas, and electricity industries in regulatory, litigation, and transactional matters. Greg represents oil and natural gas shippers, LNG project developers, gas marketers, electric utilities, and power marketers before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, state regulatory commissions, and the U.S. Court of Appeals.
Greg also advises clients on compliance with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s regulation of swaps under the Dodd-Frank Act. Greg represents crude oil and refined petroleum products shippers in litigation before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, state regulatory commissions, and the U.S. Courts of Appeal.
He also assists both pipeline owners and shippers in contracting for transportation service and facilities connections, and advises pipelines and shippers regarding FERC’s open season and ratemaking policies.
Greg has extensive experience in the natural gas and electric power sectors as well. He helps natural gas pipelines, LNG project developers, and gas marketers ensure compliance with FERC regulations and requirements, including structuring and negotiating precedent agreements, capacity releases, and asset management transactions.
Greg has represented power generators and marketers as to both cost-based and market-based rate applications, as well as market power analyses, tariff amendments, mergers and transfer applications, and compliance with FERC regulations and requirements with respect to the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 2005. He has broad experience litigating FERC enforcement matters and representing companies in the investigative process.
- Represented refined products shippers in FERC proceedings relating to a pipeline application for market-based rates
- Represented a refined products shipper in a multi-party proceeding involving proposed changes to capacity prorationing procedures
- Represented LNG project developers in structuring precedent agreements for regulated transportation service in conjunction with unregulated tolling agreements
- Represented anchor shippers in negotiating precedent agreements and transportation services agreements for expansion capacity on major pipelines
- Represented natural gas shippers in obtaining waivers of capacity release restrictions as part of acquisitions and divestitures of assets
- Represented a large national electric end-user in the acquisition of substantial end-use assets, including regulatory approvals, power procurement, and hedging arrangements
- Represented a power marketer in FERC public and non-public investigations of alleged market manipulation, including hearing and multi-party settlements
- Advised companies hedging commodity, interest rate, and foreign exchange risks in complying with CFTC requirements, including use of ISDA protocols
- J.D. summa cum laude George Mason University School of Law 2002
- B.A. summa cum laude Cleveland State University 1999
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Rate : $$$