Gregory K. Wu’s practice focuses on tort and product liability defense, with an emphasis on class action and complex personal injury litigation.
Greg has played an active role in the defense and successful resolution of class actions in several different practice areas, including product liability, environmental and employment class actions. His experience includes:
- Directing early dispositive and removal briefing that recently lead to the voluntary dismissal of a putative class action alleging economic damages based on alleged environmental contamination;
- Assisting in the negotiation and drafting of settlement class documents, obtaining judicial approval of settlement classes and working with opposing counsel in the implementation and administration of settlement classes;
- Developing expert witnesses in opposition to class certification, most recently in the data security/privacy context; and
- Briefing opposition to class certification under a wide range of theories, including medical monitoring, consumer fraud, nuisance and wage-and-hour claims.
As a member of the firm’s Global Product Liability Group, Greg has defended cases involving a variety of products, ranging from cigarettes to windshield wipers and fire suppression systems to mortar cartridges.
He has significant experience in all aspects of litigation process and has served on trial teams such as the Thompson individual smoking and health trial in Missouri and the Rodriguez mortar cartridge wrongful death trial in Hawaii in 2010.
Greg also regularly provides pro bono representation. He recently handled the firm’s first felony appointment on behalf of the Missouri’s Public Defender Office. He has also represented numerous juvenile clients in criminal matters before the Jackson County Family Court.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Illinois College of Law, 2002
- B.A., high honors, University of Michigan, 1999
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Diversity Team, Leadership Council, National Asian-Pacific American Bar Association Representative
- Asian American Bar Association of Kansas City, President (2012); Board Member (2008-Present)
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, New Lawyers Committee, Chair
- International Cannabis Bar Association
- Salvation Army, Revolution Fundraiser, Entertainment Committee, Chair (2008)
- University of Michigan Kansas City Spirit Group
Rate : $$$