Gretchen Heinze Townshend’s practice focuses on corporate healthcare transactional work and regulatory matters. Her experience includes representation of various types of healthcare providers including hospitals, health systems, dialysis facilities, multi and single specialty medical practices, specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and a variety of healthcare industry entrepreneurs, in sales and acquisitions, joint ventures, general corporate matters, contracting, securities, and regulatory matters.
Her work includes negotiating and drafting transaction documents and counseling clients with regard to the legal aspects of day-to-day operations, including general corporate matters; anti-kickback and Stark issues; self-referral, corporate practice of medicine and fee-splitting prohibitions; HIPAA, certificate of need and licensure requirements; and state and federal securities matters.
Following law school, Gretchen clerked for the Honorable Henry Lee Adams, Jr. of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the Honorable Frederick Martone of the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona. She also served as an extern for the Honorable Philip Simon of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana.
- Representation of large health system in acquisitions of large and small physician practices.
- Representation of physician practices in joint ventures with large dialysis organizations.
- Representation of ambulatory surgical center management companies in ambulatory surgery center acquisitions, joint ventures and syndications.
- Representation of hospitals, surgery centers, dialysis facilities, physician practices and other healthcare providers in compliance counseling and the preparation of compliance plans.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, JD, Executive Issue Editor, Notre Dame Law Review, 2004
- Ohio Wesleyan University, BA, Phi Beta Kappa, 2001
Admissions : Illinois, Michigan
- Member, Illinois Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$