Guido E. Toscano is a litigator in Venable’s Los Angeles office, with a focus on trust and estate litigation. He is highly experienced in California probate courts, having successfully litigated cases involving, for example, contested wills and trusts, disputes regarding fiduciary duties, the recovery of trust assets, and matters involving lack of capacity and undue influence.
As a go-to lawyer in Venable’s trust and estate department, he regularly represents clients in highly contested cases involving multi-million dollar estates.
- Represented trustee regarding tax liability on a multi-million dollar estate; first-chair bench trial victory over claims by objectors
- Represented a trustee/beneficiary in litigation to revoke a trust based on alleged forgery, undue influence and lack of capacity; favorable settlement after plaintiffs’ claims were dismantled in discovery
- Represented trustees of $100 million estate against claims of undue influence and incapacity brought by son and grandson of testator; defeated claims by grandson following bench trial establishing that he lacked standing to proceed.
- Represented co-trustee to pursue the removal and disinheritance of another co-trustee/beneficiary based on a no-contest provision.
- Represented a hospitality company in litigation involving investors who alleged breach of contract, conversion, and breach of fiduciary duty in connection with the development of a luxury hotel
- Represented an infomercial production company in litigation involving non-payment of royalties for sales of a popular blender product
- Represented a company in discovery disputes with CBS’s 60 Minutes regarding the confidentiality of company documents.
- J.D. Southern California Law Review University of Southern California, Gould School of Law 2009
- B.M. Texas Christian University 2005
Bar Admissions : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
Rate : $$$