Gus Van Eepoel is a tax lawyer advising individuals, families, entrepreneurs, and agricultural landowners in transactions, estate planning, and business structuring. From revocable and irrevocable trusts for real estate, life insurance, limited partnerships and charity to business organization structuring, Gus works with clients to develop strategies for expansion, merger, sale, succession planning, and “buy-sell” shareholder agreements.
Gus’ clients value his accounting and teaching background, which add a depth to his counsel that facilitates teamwork among the family’s accountant, banker, financial advisor and life insurance consultant.
Due to Gus’s comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience in these areas, he frequently consults on probate litigation about inheritance rights and trust administration / distribution, as well as civil lawsuits about corporation and shareholder disputes, operating agreements for limited liability companies and limited partnerships, and LLC membership issues.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1972, with honors, University of Florida Law Review, Executive Editor, Published, “The Partnership Agreement in Partnership Taxation,” 1972; University of Florida International Law Moot Court Board
- B.S.B.A., University of Florida, 1970, with honors, Beta Alpha Psi Accounting Honor Society; Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society for Business 1966: Jesuit High School, Tampa, Florida
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Tax Court
Professional Experience :
- University of South Florida, Adjunct Instructor in Taxation, 1978-1989
- Florida Certified Public Accountant, 1974-1987
- Florida Bar Board Certified Tax Lawyer, 1982-1987
- Florida Supreme Court, Certified Circuit Court Mediator, 2007-2018
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section and Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section, Member
- Tampa Bay Estate Planning Council, Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
Rate : $$$$