Gustavo Akkerman represents U.S. and international clients in a broad range of domestic and cross-border corporate transactions, including in the life sciences and financial services industries. He also advises clients on international anti-corruption matters. A licensed attorney in Brazil and a native Portuguese speaker, Mr. Akkerman helps clients navigate the Latin American business and legal environments.
- Stanford Law School, LL.M., 2013
- Escola de Direito de São Paulo da Fundação Getúlio Vargas, LL.B., 2009
Bar Admissions : New York
Representative Matters :
- TRC Companies (NYSE: TRR), an engineering, environmental consulting and construction management firm, in its $595 million acquisition by New Mountain Capital.
- Astellas Pharma in its $384 million acquisition of Ocata Therapeutics (Nasdaq: OCAT), a biotechnology company specializing in the development of stem cell-based treatments in regenerative medicine.
- ITOCHU Corporation and ITOCHU International in the sale of PrimeSource Building Products, a North American distributor of building materials, to Platinum Equity.
- Reliance Industries Limited in the combination of its JioMusic digital music service with Saavn, a global music streaming platform.
- OrbiMed Advisors in secured debt and equity investments in biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
- Several U.S. based and foreign private equity funds managed by a significant private equity management group and with assets of more than $1.3 billion in aggregate, in connection with subscription credit facilities secured by their uncalled capital commitments.
- Advised Acorda Therapeutics, Inc., in its public offering of $345 million of 1.75% Convertible Senior Notes due 2021 and in a $75 million private placement of shares of common stock.
- Represented the underwriters in the initial public offering of Bankwell Financial Group, Inc., the bank holding company for Bankwell, a community bank based in New Canaan, Connecticut.
- Advised a Fortune 100 company and a Fortune Global 500 company in anti-corruption compliance risk assessments.
Rate : $$$$