Dr. Guy F. Birkenmeier is an intellectual property lawyer and registered patent attorney. Guy works alongside biotechnology and healthcare clients to create, acquire, develop, and commercialize rights in their innovative technologies.
His practice focuses on technology-driven transactions from the earliest planning stages through execution to ultimate integration. Guy counsels clients on obtaining and safeguarding intellectual property rights, whether from innovator employees through confidential invention disclosure and assignment agreements, from strategic partners under licensing and option agreements, or through outright acquisitions.
He also advises clients on developing and commercializing their innovations through research and development agreements, clinical trial agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, distribution and sales agreements, royalty sharing agreements, and transfer pricing agreements.
Guy helps clients with intellectual property evaluations in connection with acquisitions and divestitures, securities offerings, and freedom to operate risk assessments.
Guy’s intellectual property practice spans innovations in biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, biologics, chemistry and plant sciences. Guy has assisted clients with transactions involving a diverse range of IP assets including:
- Cellular immunotherapy products
- Genetic testing services
- Elastomeric polymer compositions
- Biological pest management technology
- Fruit, grains, and ornamentals
- Aquatic plants and plant derived products
- Software for blood collection, serological cross matching, and transfusion
- Biofuels and clean energy
- Fordham University of Law
- Washington State University (Ph.D. Biochemistry)
- University of Lousiana at Lafayette (B.S. Microbiology)
- Texas (2005)
- New York (2005)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (2003)
Rate : $$$$