Guylyn Cummins is a special counsel in the Entertainment, Technology and Advertising Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego office. Ms. Cummins has spent her entire career working in media and entertainment law.
A seasoned litigator, she represents a broad array of media and entertainment clients relating to First Amendment issues, including access issues, defamation and advertising content, plus trademark and copyright fair use. Representative clients include BusinessWeek, Clear Channel, KGTV, KFMB, KNSD, voiceofsandiego.com, inewssource.org, Investigative News Network, and Salon.com.
- J.D., University of San Diego, 1985, magna cum laude
- M.A., University of Southern California, 1982, thesis program
- B.A., University of Nebraska, 1979, with high distinction
- United States District Courts for the Central, Southern and Eastern Districts
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Member and Past Chair, Governing Board of the American Bar Association Forum on Communications Law
- Member and Past Chair of many committees, Media Law Resource Center
- Member, numerous media organizations throughout California and the nation
Rate : $$$$