Emily George is a Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa 1975 graduate of Florida State University. She graduated from University of Georgia Law School in 1978.
Emily was fortunate to practice law with her parents, William V. George and Lavinia B. George, at the law firm of GEORGE & GEORGE and currently practices at GEORGE & WALLACH, LLP where she practices with Alex B. Wallach. GEORGE & WALLACH, LLP concentrates its practice on Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability Law.
Emily has served on the State Bar of Georgia Workers’ Compensation Section Executive Committee (Section Chair), the Chairman’s Workers’ Compensation Advisory Council (Legislative Committee) and the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the Workers Compensation Lawyers Association of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
She was appointed to the Governor’s Workers’ Compensation Advisory Commission in 2000 and was recently inducted as a Fellow into the American Bar Association’s College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in 2015. She is also a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation and a Fellow of the Lawyers’ Foundation of Georgia.
Emily has been married to The Honorable William P. Bartles for 30 years and has two children, Andrew and Allison. She is blessed to be a proud survivor of a recent kidney transplant.
- Georgia, 1979
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1979
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1979
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1979
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Georgia Trial Lawyers’ Association, 1979 – Present
- WCCL of GTLA, 1988 – Present
- WCCL of GTLA, Executive Committee, 1997 – Present
- Clayton County Bar Association, 1979 – Present
- Henry County Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers’ Compensation Section, Member, 1979 -present, Chairperson 2004-2005
- American Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$