Jason Gold is the Chair of the firm’s bankruptcy and financial restructuring practice group. Mr. Gold has more than 30 years of experience in complex restructuring and insolvency matters. He leads a group of nationally recognized bankruptcy lawyers who practice throughout the country and who are called upon by all types of clients in chapter 11 cases and other insolvency-related restructurings or liquidations.
Mr. Gold’s expertise, and the experience of his team, is of particular value in connection with complex liquidations, fraud investigations, corporate investigations, and service as a bankruptcy trustee, examiner, and court appointed receiver. A frequent speaker and author on bankruptcy issues, Mr. Gold has also provided congressional testimony on bankruptcy issues.
- The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, JD
- American University, BA
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Represented a major trade creditor and other parties in connection with the liquidation of an industry leading consumer electronics retailer
- Served as the Chapter 11 trustee in one of the largest real estate mortgage fraud and Ponzi schemes ever uncovered in the Washington, DC region
- Served as the liquidating trustee of the American affiliate of a European aircraft manufacturer, selling the assets, bringing litigation, and returning a more than 100 percent dividend to creditors
- Served as Chapter 7 trustee in a case involving a publicly traded IT vocational school system, liquidating 25 schools in 10 states and raising more than $25 million – largely from intangible assets – to benefit more than 9,000 mostly consumer and employee creditors
Rate : $$$