H. Timothy Gillis is the Managing Partner of the Jacksonville office of Shutts & Bowen, where he is a member of the Corporate Practice Group. Tim concentrates his practice in transactional business law and has represented private equity funds and their portfolio companies, publicly traded companies, big box retailers, franchisors & franchisees, physician practice groups, commercial real estate developers, financial institutions, high net worth individuals, and companies raising capital.
As a transactional lawyer, Tim has touched the entire spectrum of the business relationship, including formation (shareholders’ agreements, operating agreements, joint venture agreements and real estate leases/acquisitions), funding (private placements and debt financing), expansion (trademarks, copyrights, franchising, licensing, employment agreements and non-compete agreements), and exit (mergers and acquisitions).
Tim has served as an adjunct professor at Florida Coastal School of Law, teaching courses such as Securities Regulation, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Transactional Drafting. He is a past chair of the Transactional Law Section and the current chair of the Corporate, Business, and In-House Counsel Committee of The Jacksonville Bar Association.
Tim is a past President and Board Member of the North Florida Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), an association of middle-market M&A professionals, having chaired the highly successful 2012 and 2016 Florida ACG Capital Connection.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Chairman, Corporate, Business, and In-House Counsel Committee
- Past Chairman, Transactional Law Section
- Adjunct Professor, Florida Coastal School of Law, 2002 – 2013
- President and Board Member, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) – North Florida Chapter, 2011 – 2013
- Chairman, ACG Florida Capital Connection, 2012 & 2016
- Georgetown University Law Center, LLM, Taxation, 2000
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1998
- Jacksonville University, B.A., 1995
Rate : $$$