Hal Albritton has a general litigation practice and has defended civil cases in state and federal court for over 20 years. He has tried well over 50 jury trials to verdict in practically every courthouse in Alabama.
Hal handles a broad list of matters including product liability actions, fraud, breach of contract and bad faith claims against insurance companies, insurance agents and other companies, wrongful death claims, medical and legal malpractice cases, hospital and nursing home liability and workers compensation cases.
- Insurance Litigation
- Jury verdict for a life insurance company accused of breach of contract by the widow of one of its policyholders.
- Employment Litigation
- Exoneration of a coal mine operator charged with wrongful termination by one of its employees allegedly injured in an explosion of one of its mines.
- Medical Malpractice Litigation
- Jury verdicts in favor of two surgeons in three separate cases where the surgeons were charged with wrongful death in connection with failed gastric bypass surgeries.
- Nursing Home Litigation
- Summary judgment for a nursing home charged with neglect/abuse of a resident.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 1985
- University of Alabama, B.A., 1982
Professional & Community Activities:
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- International Association of Defense Counsel
Rate : $$$