Halli Cohn is a partner in the firm’s product liability and business litigation practices. Halli is a trial attorney specializing in product liability defense and serious personal injury cases, involving pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Her past trial experience also involves automotive design and manufacturing issues.
In addition to her trial practice, Halli has extensive experience serving as national counsel and managing large-scale mass tort litigation. She also regularly assists companies in analyzing and preventing product liability risk.
During her more than 25 years of practice, Halli has represented product manufacturers such as GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Sofamor Danek and Gambro Healthcare, General Motors, Mazda, and Mercedes Benz.
She has extensive experience representing clinical laboratories in claims of misdiagnosis and negligent screening. Halli also represented large oil and gas companies in serious personal injury and premises liability cases.
Representative Matters :
- Represented GlaxoSmithKline in numerous lawsuits filed throughout the United States claiming personal injury and death caused by the prescription drug Paxil® resulting in numerous dismissals.
- Represented General Motors in product liability cases throughout the Southeast resulting in summary judgments and numerous dismissals.
- Second chair trial counsel in a pharmaceutical product liability case in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Second chair trial counsel in a premises liability case for a major oil company in the Northern District of Georgia.
- Trial counsel in a pharmaceutical product liability case in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. and
- Ms. Cohn’s defense verdict in Fulton County, Georgia in Nichols v. General Motors was chosen by The National Law Journal as one of the top ten defense verdicts of 2003.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, American Bar Association Committee on Products Liability Litigation
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel
- President, Emory University School of Law Alumni Board, 2008-2011
- Emory University Alumni Board, 2012-2017 (Board Secretary, 2015-2016)
- Emory University Board of Visitors, 2017
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Duke University, B.A., 1987
BAR ADMISSIONS :
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
Rate : $$$