Hallie B. Levin has joined WilmerHale as a partner in the Business Trial Group. Ms. Levin is a seasoned trial lawyer who serves as lead and co-lead counsel on high-stakes commercial disputes in federal and state courts and arbitral tribunals.
With nearly 20 years of experience, Ms. Levin represents clients in connection with a broad range of matters, including complex contractual disputes, business torts, sensitive employment matters, intellectual property and trade secrets cases and internal investigations.
Her skills in the courtroom, her nuanced strategic insights and guidance, and her commitment to delivering efficient results have earned her the trust and loyalty of clients across a diversity of industries, including financial services, telecommunications, consumer products, hedge funds and media.
Ms. Levin has demonstrated her commitment to improving the legal profession and system through her active leadership of some of New York’s most prominent professional organizations.
In May she was elected a Vice President of the New York City Bar Association, on whose Executive Committee she has served for four years, chairing the Committee during the past year.
Last month she was elected a Vice President of the Federal Bar Council, having completed a term as Secretary. She was also a founding member of the Federal Bar Council Inn of Court and served as its membership chair.
Ms. Levin is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and Eastern District of Michigan, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- served as co-lead trial counsel in a four-month jury trial, one of the longest in the court’s history, in New Jersey state court defending a prominent financial services company against billion-dollar claims of civil racketeering and unfair competition. The court dismissed plaintiff’s civil racketeering claims after the close of evidence and the case settled favorably after Ms. Levin’s summation while the jury was deliberating.
- defended a major telecommunications company against federal and state gender discrimination claims filed in the Southern District of New York. Ms. Levin achieved dismissal of plaintiff’s claims in their entirety on summary judgment.
- represented a Special Committee of the Board of Directors of a leading financial services firm in investigating errors in the firm’s public reporting. The representation included more than 60 witness interviews followed by a report by Ms. Levin to the firm’s Board.
- represented one of the country’s largest wireless carriers in a nationwide class action alleging claims for breach of contract, fraud and violation of consumer protection statutes.
- served as lead counsel defending a prominent hedge fund against multimillion-dollar claims for breach of contract, unjust enrichment, breach of fiduciary duty and other business torts. Ms. Levin achieved dismissal of all claims before the New York State trial court and gained affirmance of that victory before the Appellate Division.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 1996
- BA, History and Sociology of Science, University of Pennsylvania, 1993
ADMISSIONS : New York
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. David Trager, US District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1996 – 1997
Rate : $$$$